Where We Worship
From the first meeting in the home of Jonathan Jaques in the fall of 1815 to our present day, the Methodist Congregations of the Poseyville community have worshiped in four seperate buildings.
Two log churches located on a lot on West Main Street were used from 1818 to 1860 by the Methodist Congregation. The third, a frame building, was constructed in 1861 on the present site at the corner of Cale and Oak Streets. When the present brick sturcture was built in 1903, the former building was moved to a lot north of the cemetery for use by the Baptist Church.
As time went on, the church grew old and uncomfortable for winter. It was decided to build a new one. Thomas Jaquess gave the lot, the same on which the present building now stands. It was finished in the fall of 1860, and dedicated in November by the presiding elder Charles D. Battelle and Pastor W.E. Davis. Asbury Jaquess gave the Bible and hymn book, and Fathe Schrader and wife the Communion set.
In 1904 the second building was sold and the present church building was completed by August 15 for that same year at a cost of $7,193. It was didicated December 11, 1904. An annex was built in February of 1953. It cost $15,000. Six classrooms and a fellowship hall with kitchen was completed in May of 1980 at a cost of $169,500.